EDUCATION SYSTEM IN UKRAINE
Ukraine being one of the most popular destinations for education in Medical and Engineering has 100 percent literacy rate. The quality of education, lifestyle and cost are the major reasons why students from all across the world show interest in getting a degree like MBBS from Ukraine. The cost of education in Ukraine as compared to other European countries is much affordable for international students. Also there are a number of international universities in Ukraine which offer higher education in medical and engineering at a much cheaper rate.
Ukraine is a country where there is no discrimination in the name of race, religion, caste or sex. Every individual, local or a foreigner is entitled to equal rights and opportunities. For foreign students, there is a special foreign law under which their education is carried out. Students are also given the required training and our experts are always ready to help these students.
The education system in Ukraine is comprised of:
- Pre-school education
- Comprehensive secondary education
- Vocational technical education (VET in EU terminology) and
- Higher education (pre-graduate, graduate)
And the post-graduate research education system for science degrees is comprised of : Candidate of Science, Doctor of Science (doctoral and post-doctoral education in EU terminology).
The academic year starts from 1st September and lasts for about 17-18 weeks. This is followed by an examination that is carried out for three weeks. For higher education, it is essential to apply in the international center of Ukraine.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine manages the education system in Ukraine. There are total 24 regional educational departments, education departments of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Kyiv and Sevastopol municipal state administrations who are responsible for directing and coordinating all the operations of the education system.
Government of Ukraine has defined certain priorities in the development of education sector which are:
- Better quality of educational services for Ukrainian citizens
- Resolving research and financial issues
- Introduction of an independent external assessment of secondary school graduates
- Comprehensive support for science
- Ensuring broader autonomy for universities by providing the right of independent decision making on academic, reasearch and financial issues
- Research-and-development by providing financial support to the universities
- improving the quality of textbooks for secondary school and higher education